Live: The Pound / Australian Dollar Exchange Rate Chart
Live: The Pound / Australian Dollar Exchange Rate Chart - This is the spot market rate, for the best possible retail market quote please enquire with our partner here
Latest Pound to Australian Dollar Exchange Rate News
- Pound sterling climbs to fresh highs versus Australian and New Zealand dollars; long-suffering AUD buyers will consider dipping their toes into FX waters
- FX: Australian dollar + New Zealand dollar take a hammering against the likes of the sterling, euro and US dollar
- The pound sterling is 0.33 pct up versus the Australian dollar; GBP/AUD is at 1.5433 at 10:23.
- Australian and New Zealand dollar in return to form sending the British pound sterling sharply lower in morning trade
- Pound sterling on front-foot against vulnerable Australian and New Zealand dollars
- Australian dollar enjoys strong bounce as analysts forecast the end of unrivalled strength
- Australian dollar strength no longer justified say Lloyds Bank forecasting increased weakness ahead
- Australian dollar + New Zealand dollar firm up but forecasters see further losses ahead, GBP/NZD reaches three month high
- Australian dollar: BMO Capital markets 'loath' to readjust their short term forecasts for AUD despite today's slump
- Australian dollar 0.8 pct in the red versus the pound sterling and US dollar as RBA interest rate comes earlier than forecast
- Pound sterling and euro make strong advances against significantly weaker Australian dollar
- Pound sterling vs Australian and New Zealand dollar: GBP heads above 1.5 vs AUD, Chinese manufacturing PMI to dictate direction of both AUD and NZD this week
- Pound sterling flirting with 1.5 against the Australian dollar once more but this level will prove to be a significant point of resistance for further gains
- Australian dollar + Japanese Yen: Currencies react to news of possible S&P downgrades
- Australian dollar + New Zealand dollar overvalued - But both currencies continue to trade in robust fashion today
Australian Dollar | Latest Australian Dollar Exchange Rate News and Live Chart
- Category: Australian Dollar
- Published on Monday, 17 October 2011 09:41
- Written by Rob Samson
The Australian dollar and New Zealand dollar make ground against a vulnerable looking British Pound.
The pound Australian dollar exchange rate is 1.460% lower with 1 GBP = 1.5255 AUD.
The pound New Zealand dollar exchange rate is 1.195% lower with 1 GBP = 1.9610 NZD.
"The Australian dollar continues to recoup ground against a vulnerable-looking pound, ahead of the RBA’s minutes," says foreign exchange rate dealer Richard Driver at CaxtonFx.
Advertisement - Article Continues Below
Last week saw some encouraging data from China and the US increase appetite for the Australian dollar, as well as developments in the eurozone.
Chinese GDP is announced in the coming overnight session; a slowdown is expected, which could weigh on the aussie slightly. The Reserve Bank of Australia’s meeting minutes are also released this evening. Interest rate cut concerns have been put on the back-burner for now, but the market will be looking for further clarity on this issue.
Meanwhile, the New Zealand dollar is trading very strongly as market sentiment continues to improve.
"The improved eurozone situation is triggering a rally in riskier assets such as the kiwi dollar. News that China is willing to make huge commitments to prop up the eurozone’s debt-ridden nations is also helping. The Nikkei closed 1.50% up last night, underlining appetite for the kiwi dollar," says Richard Driver.
GBP NZD is trading well below the 2.00 mark now at 1.9650. Risk appetite looks highly likely to continue to improve today, and sterling is therefore likely to remain out of favour.