Live: The Pound / Australian Dollar Exchange Rate Chart
Live: The Pound / Australian Dollar Exchange Rate Chart - This is the spot market rate, for the best possible retail market quote please enquire with our partner here
Latest Pound to Australian Dollar Exchange Rate News
- Australian dollar under the cosh as iron ore prices slump; New Zealand dollar continues to enjoy benefits of buoyant dairy industry
- Pound sterling down versus Australian and New Zealand dollar's today; but 'weakening AUD drivers remain in place'
- Outlook for the Australian dollar likely to be driven by expectations over interest rate cuts at the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Outlook for the Australian dollar dealt a blow as Goldman Sachs forecasts further declines; technical charts firmly against the AUD
- Australian Dollar Outlook deteriorates as China disappoints; AUD under pressure right across the board
- Australian dollar outlook continues to deteriorate as Aus consumers start to feel a little less bullish about the future
- Pound / Australian dollar FX rate at critical juncture: GBP hit by inflation data, AUD outlook hampered by 'dovish' RBA minutes
- Australian dollar outlook: RBA minutes marginally beneficial to AUD, forecasters at UniCredit say currency to remain week
- Australian dollar weakness forecasted yet lower by technical analyst; RBA decision will however be key event-risk on the horizon
- Australian dollar / New Zealand dollar in morning profit-taking strength; broader environment remains bearish, RBA minutes ahead
- Australian and New Zealand dollar outlook determined by Chinese data, RBA easing bias will be critical
- Pound sterling climbs to fresh highs versus Australian and New Zealand dollars; long-suffering AUD buyers will consider dipping their toes into FX waters
- FX: Australian dollar + New Zealand dollar take a hammering against the likes of the sterling, euro and US dollar
- The pound sterling is 0.33 pct up versus the Australian dollar; GBP/AUD is at 1.5433 at 10:23.
- Australian and New Zealand dollar in return to form sending the British pound sterling sharply lower in morning trade
Australian Dollar | Latest Australian Dollar Exchange Rate News and Live Chart
- Category: Australian Dollar
- Published on Monday, 17 October 2011 09:41
- Written by Rob Samson
The pound Australian dollar exchange rate is 1.460% lower with 1 GBP = 1.5255 AUD.
The pound New Zealand dollar exchange rate is 1.195% lower with 1 GBP = 1.9610 NZD.
"The Australian dollar continues to recoup ground against a vulnerable-looking pound, ahead of the RBA’s minutes," says foreign exchange rate dealer Richard Driver at CaxtonFx.
Advertisement - Article Continues Below
Last week saw some encouraging data from China and the US increase appetite for the Australian dollar, as well as developments in the eurozone.
Chinese GDP is announced in the coming overnight session; a slowdown is expected, which could weigh on the aussie slightly. The Reserve Bank of Australia’s meeting minutes are also released this evening. Interest rate cut concerns have been put on the back-burner for now, but the market will be looking for further clarity on this issue.
Meanwhile, the New Zealand dollar is trading very strongly as market sentiment continues to improve.
"The improved eurozone situation is triggering a rally in riskier assets such as the kiwi dollar. News that China is willing to make huge commitments to prop up the eurozone’s debt-ridden nations is also helping. The Nikkei closed 1.50% up last night, underlining appetite for the kiwi dollar," says Richard Driver.
GBP NZD is trading well below the 2.00 mark now at 1.9650. Risk appetite looks highly likely to continue to improve today, and sterling is therefore likely to remain out of favour.