Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group shares could double say Santander, RBS shares also offer potential say Sanford C. Bernstein
- Category: Lloyds Banking Group
- Published on Thursday, 12 April 2012 09:08
- Written by Will Peters
Latest Broker Calls: Lloyds Banking Group, RBS, EasyJet, Logica, Premier Oil, Tullow Oil.
Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY) is retained as a Buy by analysts at Grupo Santander, a share price target of 60 has been set by the Spanish investment bank.
There is therefore the potential of a handsome 95.6 pct return if we take into account our last quote on the stock at 30.68.
For those who believe the Eurozone crisis is largely behind us this could be a good option!
Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc (LON:RBS) is meanwhile held at Outperform by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
Target 40, this is 61.4 pct higher than our last quote on the RBS share price at 24.79.
Hold EasyJet plc say Questor
Questor has a Hold on EasyJet, the airline's shares were first tipped on January 23 last year at 382p. A special dividend of 34.9p was paid last month and was accompanied by an 11-for-12 share consolidation.
This means the adjusted entry price is now 416p, so the shares are up 13% compared with a FTSE 100 down 6% over the same period.
A key issue for EasyJet is that of fuel costs, the oil price remains stubbornly high and even comments last month from Saudi Arabia's oil minister that the country could raise production by a quarter "immediately" have failed to make much impact.
Logica: Jefferies upgrades from underperform to hold, target left at 80p; Merchant Securities upgrades from sell to hold, 85p target price retained.
Premier Oil: Nomura cuts target from 485p to 481p, reduce rating kept.
Tullow Oil: Nomura raises target from 1,650p to 1,663p.
Latest on The Economy News
- What to expect from Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD), FirstGroup plc (LON:FGP) and SSE PLC (LON:SSE) when they report next week
- What will Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY) and Marks & Spencer Group Plc (LON:MKS) deliver investors next week?
- British pound sterling ends week off on a poor note; any excuse to buy the US dollar will do
- Momentum behind Lloyds Banking Group PLC and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc delivers the heavy-lifting ensuring a strong close for FTSE 100
- Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY) shares add 3.5 points to the FTSE 100 in morning trade
- Pound to euro exchange rate at 1.19? You may be disappointed - buyers of EUR urged to be patient
- Euro pound exchange rate (EUR-GBP) in tight range but technical indicators point to a further slump in value of EUR