Live: The Pound / Euro Exchange Rate Chart
Live: The Pound / Euro Exchange Rate Chart - This is the spot market rate, for the best possible retail market quote please enquire with our partner here
Latest Pound to Euro Exchange Rate News
- FX Alert: Pound sterling forecasted to rebound against US dollar say Lloyds Bank in strategic currency note
- Pound euro exchange rate knocking on the door of 1.16; UK GDP update, Bank of England, UK retail sales all fail to provide a lift
- Outlook for Euro pound exchange rate: EUR forecasted to stage strong advances agains the pound sterling through the remainder of 2013
- Pound to euro exchange rate (GBP/EUR) forecast: Momentum suggests further declines, but one analyst is tipping a return to 1.18 level
- Pound euro exchange rate breaks into 1.16 territory as UK retail sales flop in April and Mark Carney hints at monetary activism
- Euro pound exchange rate (EUR-GBP) finally breaks the shackles and surges; investors forecasting light inflation for longer
- Pound euro exchange rate takes a hit: GBP/EUR breaks into 1.17s as UK inflation data is weaker than forecast
- Pound to euro exchange rate faces a week that is 'anything but trivial' (UK CPI, retail sales and BoE Minutes all due)
- Pound to euro exchange rate at 1.19? You may be disappointed - buyers of EUR urged to be patient
- Euro pound exchange rate (EUR-GBP) in tight range but technical indicators point to a further slump in value of EUR
- Pound euro exchange rate looks to consolidate mid 1.18's but the euro will likely prove resistant to any major moves
- Pound euro exchange rate firmly stuck in mid 1.18s, stalemate forecast to continue for today
- Pound to euro exchange rate in dramatic recovery as Mervyn King forecasts a pick up in the UK's economic growth
- Pound euro exchange rate: Lloyds forecasting a poor response to the inflation report; but GBP should be supported by employment numbers
- Euro pound exchange rate strengthens a further 0.1 pct even as German ZEW numbers disappoint; but EUR/GBP could soon see direction reverse
Pound to Euro | Pound Euro Exchange Rate News and Insights
- Category: Pound to Euro
- Published on Thursday, 14 June 2012 11:40
- Written by The Editor
To put the Eurozone crisis in perspective it is worth noting the calibre of the politicians who are in charge.
This comes courtesy of John Meyer at Fairfax IS:
"Spain is not Greece." - Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance minister, February, 2010.
"Portugal is not Greece." - The Economist, April 2010.
"Greece is not Ireland." - George Papaconstantinou, Greek Finance minister, November, 2010.
"Spain is neither Ireland nor Portugal." - Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance minister, November 2010.
"Ireland is not in ‘Greek Territory.’" - Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan. November 2010.
"Neither Spain nor Portugal is Ireland." - Angel Gurria, Secretary-general OECD, November, 2010.
"Spain is not Uganda." - Spanish PM Rajoy. June, 2012
"Uganda does not want to be Spain." - (Uganda foreign minister) Jun 13th 2012
Italy is not Spain.” – Ed Parker, Fitch MD, 12 June 2012