- Category: Share Price Drivers
- Published on Friday, 25 January 2013 14:35
- Written by Will Peters
A look at the technical indicators guiding IRE's stock price action following two days of declines shows a ratio of three bullish indicators to 3 bearish indicators which suggests to us that the recent downturn is certainly not cemented into the stocks technical setup.
IRE's Triple Moving Average Crossover (4-day 9-day 18-day) remains in bullish territory
The 2 to 6 week support level is seen at 5.50.
UK scene: Will Bank of England print more money
Back in the UK speculation is rife that the Bank of England is set to print more money in a bid to hold up the under-performing economy.
Today’s GDP report could lead to speculation that the Bank of England (BoE), will increase its quantitative easing (QE) programme.
QE is a process that basically involves printing more money in a bid to raise economic activity.
The negative side-effect is that an increased amount of sterling in circulation will reduce the strength of the pound, and this explains why traders sold the pound against the dollar after the news was released.
Reporting season continues; Netflix reports a profit
The US reporting season continues to provide the surprises for investors.
Netflix closed 42 pct higher yesterday after it upgraded its expected revenue from $969 million up to just over $1 billion, and this has been achieved by US domestic subscriptions edging higher from 28.5 million up to 29.2 million.
"Netflix was, until yesterday, one of those stocks that people either loved or hated, with not many in the middle ground. It is the largest internet provider of movies and TV programmes, covering 40 countries around the world, with over 33 million subscribers," says Alastair McCaig at IG Index in London.
Over the last five years there has been a marked shift in the demographics of the TV- and movie-watching public. Netflix had slowly been picking up market share, but was yet to really make the transition from promising company to profitable company.
Yesterday’s announcement that the firm expected to break even in the first quarter is a watershed moment for any company.
"Seeing Netflix clear this hurdle has prompted the markets re-asses its share price, and the resultant jump up by 42% last night saw it close at $146.91. It is difficult to gauge how well the share price might now run, but the first major target will be to fill the gap from September 2011, when in the space of a week the share price dropped from $208.70 down to $128.50," says McCaig.
Newer news items:
- Research In Motion Limited: RIMM will be unable to convert from other platforms; but expect Q1 and Q2 fillip - 29/01/2013 09:33
- S&P 500: INX will "likely cross 1500 on the March contract on Monday" - 28/01/2013 10:26
- Amazon.com, Inc. has a swollen cash pile to deal with; AMZN stock meanwhile potential over-extended - 28/01/2013 10:23
- Bank of America Corp announces moves to rationalise operations; NYSE:BAC shares remain technically bullish - 28/01/2013 10:20
- Lloyds Banking Group plc, RBS: Despite recent falls intermediate term indicators point to more gains for RBS, LLOY - 25/01/2013 14:38
Older news items:
- W Resources PLC shares continue to surge higher; investors back WRES on Spanish luck - 25/01/2013 13:11
- National-Oilwell Varco, Inc downgraded from Strong Buy rating as analyst sees newbuild cycle maturing - 25/01/2013 13:08
- Why Cameron International Corporation and FMC Technologies, Inc. are top picks at ISI - 25/01/2013 13:05
- Site visit to Randgold Resources Limited plc's Loulo∕Gounkoto site suggests positive long term outlook - 25/01/2013 11:32
- Anglo American plc: Investors dump the AAL despite miner ending 2012 on a high - 25/01/2013 10:52
Latest on The Economy News
- Heritage Oil PLC + XCITE ENERGY LIMITED: HOIL Updates on Tax Position, XEL Fails to Impress Investors Latest Update
- Thomas Cook Group plc: TCG Faces Conflicting Signals on the Charts
- Tech Alert on Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited: For GKP "This bearish signal indicates that the stock price may fall"
- Imagination Technologies Group plc backed by Intel Corporation Backing: Why IMG is a Buy
- ARM Holdings plc vs Intel Corporation: Sell Rating on ARM Confirmed as INTC Launch XMM 7260
- HSBC Holdings plc: HSBA shows "little in the chart to suggest that a sudden push higher is imminent"
- Vodafone Group plc: VOD Outlook Adjusted to Factor in New Share Count