- Category: Share Price Drivers
- Published on Monday, 11 February 2013 10:35
- Written by Will Peters
The French investment bank has maintained its Outperform rating on LLOY while keeping a price target of 63.
Markets: Asia fails to provide direction
"European stock markets are broadly flat Monday, with a lack of direction from Asia overnight as most markets there were shut for holidays. At the same time, no meaningful economic data due in Monday leaves the market without a clear catalyst to energise direction," says Ishaq Siddiqi at ETX Capital.
French industrial production numbers are only the noteworthy data released Monday and the report is not as bad as feared.
Industrial output in France fell 0.1% in December from November, versus forecasts for a 0.2% decline in December.
The outcome still does not instil any confidence surrounding France's industrial activity but could offer the Paris index a degree of support in the session.
Monday will see the start of a euro zone finance ministers' meeting in Brussels where policymakers will discuss a topic on the markets' lips, currency wars.
"Much of the discussion however will centre around Cyprus following the country's recent bailout. The euro's recent strength impacting the exchange rate is also likely to be discussed after ECB chief Mario Draghi said the central bank are monitoring the currency's advance," says Siddiqi.
Economics: UK economy recovering again say Lloyds
A slowdown in the last months of 2012 was reversed in January following a jump in activity, according to the Lloyds TSB regional purchasing managers' index.
Eight of the nine regions in the study expanded output with Yorkshire and Humber recording the fastest rate of growth.
The rebound also encouraged firms to hire more staff, confirming a Recruitment and Employment Confederation survey last week that showed an increase for the fourth consecutive month in permanent jobs coupled with a rise in starting salaries.
Newer news items:
- S&P 500: Fears that INX could be prone to downside pressures thanks to formation of 'hanging man' in the charts - 11/02/2013 13:01
- Essar Energy PLC shares bid higher as investors welcome 77 pct increase in throughput at Vadinar - 11/02/2013 12:38
- Top market movers: Kofax plc and Ocado plc share prices headed in opposite directions - 11/02/2013 12:15
- The global economy is picking up by divergence between some major economies growing says OECD - 11/02/2013 11:51
- Broker: BG Group plc target SP downgraded by another analyst in response to lacklustre outlook - 11/02/2013 11:30
Older news items:
- Broker Action: Thomas Cook Group Plc, Tesco plc and TUI Travel plc upgraded ref:TSCO, TT, TCG - 11/02/2013 09:57
- Google Inc : 'Enhanced Campaigns' will prove challenging for advertisers - ref. NASDAQ:GOOG - 08/02/2013 14:13
- Vodafone Group plc : VOD target share price downgraded by Deutsche Bank ref: LON:VOD + NASDAQ:VOD - 08/02/2013 10:08
- Barclays plc : No up-front cash bonuses for 1000 investment bankers as restructuring programme kicks-in - ref: LON:BARC - 08/02/2013 09:59
- ARM Holdings Plc: Target share price upgraded by Credit Suisse ref. LON:ARM + NASDAQ:ARMH - 08/02/2013 09:54
Latest on The Economy News
- Heritage Oil PLC + XCITE ENERGY LIMITED: HOIL Updates on Tax Position, XEL Fails to Impress Investors Latest Update
- Thomas Cook Group plc: TCG Faces Conflicting Signals on the Charts
- Tech Alert on Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited: For GKP "This bearish signal indicates that the stock price may fall"
- Imagination Technologies Group plc backed by Intel Corporation Backing: Why IMG is a Buy
- ARM Holdings plc vs Intel Corporation: Sell Rating on ARM Confirmed as INTC Launch XMM 7260
- HSBC Holdings plc: HSBA shows "little in the chart to suggest that a sudden push higher is imminent"
- Vodafone Group plc: VOD Outlook Adjusted to Factor in New Share Count