Facebook Inc, Amazon.com Inc and Intel Corporation forecasts show INTC better placed in short term than FB and AMZN
- Category: Share Price Drivers
- Published on Friday, 15 February 2013 09:38
- Written by Will Peters
Intel shares are the pick of these three highly traded big-name tech stocks in the short-term time frame; generally we would put this time frame within the 2 to 6 week slot.
Our recent analysis of the INTC stock price charts show 5 bullish and 3 bearish technical signals on display.
In the bear's corner we have a Momentum, Triple Moving Average Crossover (4-day 9-day 18-day) and Short-term KST.
Bullish signals include a Price Crosses Moving Average (21-day), Williams %R, Fast Stochastic, Momentum (weekly event) and Williams %R (Weekly).
Analysts at Trading Central corroborate the positive case behind INTC; the technical analysis specialists say, "as long as 20.1 is not broken down, we favour an upmove with 22.05 and then 23.05 as next targets."
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Our analysis of the Amazon.com stock price chart shows 3 bullish and 4 bearish technical events in the 2 to 6 week time frame suggesting momentum higher is a touch less certain than is the case for Intel Corp.
The Fast Stochastic Price Crosses Moving Average (21-day) and Slow Stochastic are pointing to further short term gains.
However, the Triple Moving Average Crossover (4-day 9-day 18-day), Commodity Channel IndexW and Short-term KST.
Trading Central are bearish on AMZN saying they forecast moves lower to 232.7 as long as 279.4 remains as the stock's pivot point.
"The MACD is negative and below its signal line. The configuration is negative. Moreover, the stock is trading under its 20 day MA (267.03) but above its 50 day MA (261.02)," say analysts.
Facebook Inc (NASDAQ:FB)
Like Amazon, Facebook shares continue to appear heavy - a look at the stock's short term charts shows two 2 bullish indicators to be on display while 4 bearish indicators are noted.
An Engulfing Line and Inside Bar are bullish while the Triple Moving Average Crossover (4-day 9-day 18-day), Commodity Channel Index, Price Crosses Moving Average (21-day) and Short-term KST are bearish.
A look at a chart displaying 100 bars shows support for Facebook stock can be found at $26.99 with resistance found at $28.00.
Trading Central corroborate the bearish case for Facebook saying they see the downside prevailing as long as 29.5 is resistance.
Asian markets put in a poor performance setting negative start to Friday trade
Markets in Asia are trading mostly lower this morning, dented by weaker GDP data from euro zone, discouraging earnings reports of the Asian companies and stronger Yen.
In Japan, exporters, Mazda Motor, Fuji Heavy Industries and Casio Computer are trading 5.5%, 4.3% and 2.7% lower, respectively, as the Yen appreciated against the Dollar. Sony is trading 4.0% lower, following news of decline in its January sales.
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal is trading 3.9% lower, after projecting weaker than estimated sales for 2013. In Hong Kong, Wharf Holdings and Cheung Kong Holdings are trading 1.5% and 0.9% lower, respectively.
Cosco Pacific and Esprit Holdings are trading 1.1% and 0.6% lower, respectively. In South Korea, KB Financial Group fell 2.2%, after ING sold its 5% stake in the company to institutional investors for about £500 million. The Nikkei 225 index is trading 1.6% lower, at 11,126.2. Hang Seng index is trading 0.1% down, at 23,395.8, while the Kospi index is trading 0.1% higher, at 1,981.3.
Initial jobless claims help ensure US indices edge higher
US markets closed marginally higher yesterday, following upbeat weekly initial jobless claims data in the US.
Constellation Brands soared 37.2%, following news of renewing the terms with Anheuser-Busch InBev for its full control of U.S. distribution for Corona beer. Heinz H.J surged 20.0%, after Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital agreed to take over the company for $23 billion.
"On the flipside, CenturyLink plunged 22.6%, after it cut dividends and as its first quarter projections missed market expectations. Cisco systems declined 0.7%, following lower than expected sales forecast," says a morning market note from Guardian Stockbrokers.
Whole Foods Market tumbled 9.7%, after projecting weak earnings for 2013. The DJIA shed 0.1%, to settle at 13,973.4, while the NASDAQ advanced 0.1%, to close at 3,198.7. The S&P 500 gained 0.1%, to settle at 1,521.4.
Newer news items:
- Anglo American plc : AAL shares boosted by a lower effective tax rate which leads to analyst beat - 15/02/2013 11:07
- Tullow Oil plc ? We prefer exposure to Ophir Energy and Premier Oil say Nomura - 15/02/2013 09:35
- Rolls Royce Holding PLC : RR shares well bid as investors anticipate better and margin-enhancing growth in profits - 15/02/2013 09:31
- Vodafone Group plc: "Damned if they do, damned if the don't" - Questions asked of VOD's strategic vision - 15/02/2013 09:28
- Citigroup Inc, Bank of America Corp tech forecasts: BAC looking more bullish than C in the short term - 15/02/2013 09:26
Older news items:
- Aberdeen Asset Management Plc : ADN shares shoot up as investors welcome news of Artio Global deal - 14/02/2013 10:11
- Plethora Solutions Holdings Plc ; PLE shares shoot up 37 pct as investors welcome financing update - 14/02/2013 10:08
- Talvivaara Mining Company Plc : TALV shares upgraded to Buy as balance sheet worries are laid to rest - 14/02/2013 10:05
- Corporate: Rolls-Royce Holding Plc shares sold despite news of 24 pct rise in full-year profit - 14/02/2013 10:02
- Avocet Mining plc : AVM shares plunge into the abyss on 30-50 pcy reserve downgrade and cash-flow constraints - 14/02/2013 09:59
Latest on The Economy News
- Heritage Oil PLC + XCITE ENERGY LIMITED: HOIL Updates on Tax Position, XEL Fails to Impress Investors Latest Update
- Thomas Cook Group plc: TCG Faces Conflicting Signals on the Charts
- Tech Alert on Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited: For GKP "This bearish signal indicates that the stock price may fall"
- Imagination Technologies Group plc backed by Intel Corporation Backing: Why IMG is a Buy
- ARM Holdings plc vs Intel Corporation: Sell Rating on ARM Confirmed as INTC Launch XMM 7260
- HSBC Holdings plc: HSBA shows "little in the chart to suggest that a sudden push higher is imminent"
- Vodafone Group plc: VOD Outlook Adjusted to Factor in New Share Count