- Category: Financials
- Published on Thursday, 20 September 2012 07:50
- Written by Will Peters
HSBC Holdings plc (LON:HSBA) shares still offer some healthy upside advise analysts at Barclays.
Analysts have maintained their Overweight rating on the stock, setting a target share price at 700. There is therefore a potential upside of 19.6 pct for the stock.
If it is potential upside that you are looking for then look no further than Mothercare plc (LON:MTC).
The FTSE 250 company is a Buy with Oriel Securities Ltd who have advised that 520 is their target share price.
There is therefore a potential upside of 152.1 pct from our last quote at
Equity markets trade lower, Chinese tensions with Japan worry investors
European equity markets are trading lower this morning on the back of weaker markets in Asia.
Yesterday’s surprise announcement by the BOJ that they will be extending their bond purchasing program has been forgotten as investors start to fret about China where tensions with Japan over a group of disputed islands continue to grow.
"Furthermore the widely watched HSBC Flash manufacturing index for China showed only a very modest improvement indicating that the recent slowdown might be intensifying in the months to come," says Markus Huber at ETX Capital.
Early on focus will be on PMI data for the Euro-zone as a whole and individual Euro-zone countries.
The numbers are expected to show a slight recovery from low levels reflecting to a certain degree the stability that has returned to financial markets since early August after ECB chief Draghi comments concerning supporting the Euro.
Mid-morning all eyes will be on important Spanish bond auctions constituting a good measure just how worried investors are concerning Spain still not having agreed to a bail-out package.
"More data are on the agenda in the US this afternoon with the main focus being on the Philly index and Leading Indicators, while both sets of data are important, today they might not carry quite as much weight as usual as recent announcements and measures by the Fed and central banks around the world still need time to completely filter through to the economy," says Huber.
Latest on The Economy News
- What to expect from Vodafone Group plc (LON:VOD), FirstGroup plc (LON:FGP) and SSE PLC (LON:SSE) when they report next week
- What will Burberry Group plc (LON:BRBY) and Marks & Spencer Group Plc (LON:MKS) deliver investors next week?
- British pound sterling ends week off on a poor note; any excuse to buy the US dollar will do
- Momentum behind Lloyds Banking Group PLC and Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc delivers the heavy-lifting ensuring a strong close for FTSE 100
- Lloyds Banking Group plc (LON:LLOY) shares add 3.5 points to the FTSE 100 in morning trade
- Pound to euro exchange rate at 1.19? You may be disappointed - buyers of EUR urged to be patient
- Euro pound exchange rate (EUR-GBP) in tight range but technical indicators point to a further slump in value of EUR