The Pound Sterling Live - The Heart-Beat of the British Pound
British Pound Sterling Live on Thursday: GBP hit as construction PMI data fail to emulate manufacturing figures
- Category: The Pound Sterling Live - The Heart-Beat of The British Pound
- Published on Thursday, 03 January 2013 09:58
- Written by Sam Coventry
12:55: Pound sterling under pressure
The pound dollar exchange rate is 0.6 pct in the red at 1.6159.
The pound Australian dollar exchange rate is 0.55 pct lower at 1.5391.
9:45: Sterling off to a poorly start
The pound sterling (Currency:GBP) is broadly softer this morning, construction sector activity in the UK shrank more-than-expected in December, slowing to a six-month low, industry data showed on Thursday.
In a report, market research firm Markit and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply said that their UK construction purchasing managers' index fell to a seasonally adjusted 48.7 in December from a reading of 49.3 in November.
Economists had expected the index to ease up to 49.5 last month.
Yesterday sterling found support from manufacturing PMI data that reached 51.4 last month from 49.2 in November.
The pound euro exchange rate is 0.07 pct higher on last night's closing rate, GBP/EUR is at 1.2338.
The pound dollar exchange rate is 0.19 pct lower at 1.6224.
The pound Australian dollar rate is 0.24 pct in the red at 1.5441.
Archives for British Pound Sterling Live
- British Pound Sterling Live: Mystic forecasting techniques at UniCredit bank foretell gains by GBP this coming week
- The British pound sterling live on Thursday: GBP rallies against the US dollar as US data releases miss the mark
- The British Pound Sterling Live on Wednesday: GBP delivers solid performance in wake of Bank of England Inflation Report and employment data
- British Pound Sterling Live on Tuesday 14 May: GBP trade 'order driven and technical in nature' - 4PM flash-sale alters direction for sterling
- British Pound Sterling Live on Monday: GBP and EUR both tipped to eventually succumb to US dollar eventually